Saturday, June 27, 2009

HIDE!!!


What is the initial reaction of a non-English speaking person to an English speaker who is approaching and trying to talk to them?

a. walk away
b. pretend nothing happened
c. hide somewhere


When I was young, I did letter ‘c’. Our neighbor was married to an American man. Whenever I saw him, I hid somewhere and avoided the situation. I was totally shy talking to him. I froze whenever I’m in front of an English speaker. The questions I have in mind are 'What will I say?' 'What am I going to do?'.

But when I started learning English at school, my confidence rose. I was more encouraged to study English whenever I get good grades and compliments from my teachers at school. To practice my English skills, I talk to my classmates and teachers in English during the lessons and even outside the classroom. When I was in University, I was given a chance to play one of the biggest role in our theater plays because of my persistence and positive outlook in giving the script, which is written in English, a life. I sometimes write poems and very short stories, and share it with other people through our University School Publication. I’ll be showing you one of the poems I have made in the next posts.

Life at school and learning English at the same time were truly a wonderful experience for me. It was so positive that even up to now, I still use English to teach my students and help them with their weaknesses in English.

How about you? What are your experiences about English?

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION
cross your fingers

PHRASES for CONVERSATION

PHRASES for CONVERSATION
expressing thanks

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION
idiom, feel blue, gj