Monday, July 20, 2009

Take a break. Have a joke!

One way of learning English is reading a funny story or even a comic written in English. It will increase your English comprehension and lighten your day.

Let me share to you some jokes I got from iteslj.com.



Teacher: Today, we're going to talk about the tenses. Now, if I say "I am beautiful," which tense is it?
Student: Obviously it is the past tense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teacher: Why are you late?

Student: There was a man who lost a hundred dollar bill.
Teacher: That's nice. Were you helping him look for it?
Student: No. I was standing on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Customer: Excuse me, but I saw your thumb in my soup when you were carrying it.

Waitress: Oh, that's okay. The soup isn't hot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, wherever I touch, it hurts." The doctor asks, "What do you mean?" The man says, "When I touch my shoulder, it really hurts. If I touch my knee - OUCH! When I touch my forehead, it really, really hurts." The doctor says, "I know what's wrong with you - you've broken your finger!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two factory workers are talking.The woman says, "I can make the boss give me the day off."The man replies, "And how would you do that?"The woman says, "Just wait and see." She then hangs upside-down from the ceiling.The boss comes in and says, "What are you doing?"The woman replies, "I'm a light bulb."The boss then says, "You've been working so much that you've gone crazy. I think you need to take the day off."The man starts to follow her and the boss says, "Where are you going?"The man says, "I'm going home, too. I can't work in the dark."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fred is 32 years old and he is still single. One day a friend asked, "Why aren't you married? Can't you find a woman who will be a good wife?" Fred replied, "Actually, I've found many women I wanted to marry, but when I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn't like them."

His friend thinks for a moment and says, "I've got the perfect solution, just find a girl who's just like your mother."
A few months later they meet again and his friend says, "Did you find the perfect girl? Did your mother like her?" With a frown on his face, Fred answers, "Yes, I found the perfect girl. She was just like my mother. You were right, my mother liked her very much."
The friend said, "Then what's the problem?" Fred replied, "My father doesn't like her."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Laughter is the best medicine. When you’re down or feel bored in learning English, read a funny article, story or joke. It will change your mood and somehow make you feel good about studying English.



Tell me:

Share a joke you know. I’ll be waiting…

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION
cross your fingers

PHRASES for CONVERSATION

PHRASES for CONVERSATION
expressing thanks

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION

EXPRESSION for CONVERSATION
idiom, feel blue, gj